Camp Half Blood X Camp Jupiter
Welcome to Camp Half Blood X Camp Jupiter!

It is a Percy-Jackson-series-and-Heroes-of-the-Olympians-based site where members can create their own characters, role-play, discuss on the books(or even the movies - try to keep calm and don't type any swear words), and take part in different kinds of site activities!
Just register, read the pm message and you will know what to do next!

Welcome to Camp Half Blood X Camp Jupiter!

It is a Percy-Jackson-series-and-Heroes-of-the-Olympians-based site where members can create their own characters, role-play, discuss on the books(or even the movies - try to keep calm and don't type any swear words), and take part in different kinds of site activities!
Just register, read the pm message and you will know what to do next!

Camp Half Blood X Camp Jupiter is where demigods learn how to survive. You can create your own original character here! Welcome to join us and share your creative thoughts here! : )

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Hey everyone, I'm petty ika
Drawing competition/ Trivia? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 7:54 pm by LeeUnderwood

» The New Site Shop
Drawing competition/ Trivia? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 6:58 pm by Petty Ika

» Hello Everyone!
Drawing competition/ Trivia? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 5:54 am by Amber Chase

» Chatroom :)))
Drawing competition/ Trivia? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 5:57 am by Amber Chase

» Deleting this profile
Drawing competition/ Trivia? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 12:34 pm by LeeUnderwood

» Airel Hamlin
Drawing competition/ Trivia? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 11:53 pm by Hamlin1120

» Christina Swift daughter of apollo wip
Drawing competition/ Trivia? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 11:50 pm by Hamlin1120

» Nikolina Petrova
Drawing competition/ Trivia? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 10:30 pm by jacob.s.greene

» Camp Half Blood X Camp Jupiter Site-wide RP Ideas
Drawing competition/ Trivia? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 10:30 pm by jacob.s.greene

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Camp Half Blood X Camp Jupiter on your social bookmarking website

Drawing competition/ Trivia?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ChocoKat
Camp Counselor
ChocoKat

Female Leo Posts : 830
Drachmas : 16299

Drawing competition/ Trivia? Empty
PostSubject: Drawing competition/ Trivia?   Drawing competition/ Trivia? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 3:27 pm

I'm thinking maybe we can have a drawing contest or a trivia Very Happy

Personally, I prefer drawing contest more since it's easier to hold...

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
https://campsfordemigods.rpg-board.net
Sabrina Zhu
Camp Counselor
Sabrina Zhu

Female Aquarius Posts : 59
Drachmas : 14121

PostSubject: Re: Drawing competition/ Trivia?   Drawing competition/ Trivia? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 3:58 pm

So do I! Hopefully, I'll be able to submit it this time. Sad.
Back to top Go down
ChocoKat
Camp Counselor
ChocoKat

PostSubject: Re: Drawing competition/ Trivia?   Drawing competition/ Trivia? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 4:03 pm

btw, sabrina, have u seen the suggestion given by Lee? What do you think about that?
Back to top Go down
LeeUnderwood
Praetor
LeeUnderwood

Male Taurus Posts : 430
Drachmas : 13846

PostSubject: Re: Drawing competition/ Trivia?   Drawing competition/ Trivia? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 8:09 pm

I dont know if a drawing contest will be easy.... I think we should start doin roleplaying forums... That attract many people.... Very Happy still, the idea is great.
Back to top Go down
ChocoKat
Camp Counselor
ChocoKat

PostSubject: Re: Drawing competition/ Trivia?   Drawing competition/ Trivia? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 9:10 pm

actually, we can have rp in this site NOW Very Happy
(It's just no one starts doing it and i don't know why...)

That's what the cabin/cohorts created are for Very Happy

But i think it'll be a way better if more places are added for rp,
but i don't know wt do add...
Back to top Go down
LeeUnderwood
Praetor
LeeUnderwood

PostSubject: Re: Drawing competition/ Trivia?   Drawing competition/ Trivia? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 9:51 pm

Ok, im gonna speak for Camp Jupiter. Add a Senate House were in especifics days the praetors and centurions speak about new thing. Add an Arena and the fields of Mars, were we can role play the war games and chariot racings... We have to focus more in the roleplaying side, cuz people join this site to RP. Of course we can do contest sometimes. Bit if you see that people are not roleplaying, create roleplaying forums and rp activities. Keep the site active with roleplaying things....
Back to top Go down
ChocoKat
Camp Counselor
ChocoKat

PostSubject: Re: Drawing competition/ Trivia?   Drawing competition/ Trivia? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 10:42 pm

Done! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sabrina Zhu
Camp Counselor
Sabrina Zhu

PostSubject: Re: Drawing competition/ Trivia?   Drawing competition/ Trivia? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 12:07 am

As a representative of Camp Half-Blood, we do have the Big House, but nobody's roleplaying it. Of course, we should try to have more roleplaying, which attracts more people. Like, for example, we could also do a roleplaying Capture the Flag (how that might work, I'm still clueless... confused ). Suggestions?

Back to top Go down
LeeUnderwood
Praetor
LeeUnderwood

PostSubject: Re: Drawing competition/ Trivia?   Drawing competition/ Trivia? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 4:45 am

Yes... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChocoKat
Camp Counselor
ChocoKat

PostSubject: Re: Drawing competition/ Trivia?   Drawing competition/ Trivia? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 1:52 pm

so...drawing contest for november?
Back to top Go down
Sabrina Zhu
Camp Counselor
Sabrina Zhu

PostSubject: Re: Drawing competition/ Trivia?   Drawing competition/ Trivia? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 9:01 am

Hi! I hope so! Anyway, for me, it's still Halloween. Neutral Not fair! In class, we're divided into groups and we have to make a whole SKIT about Ancient Greece. Guess what? While we were voting, everyone chose me to write it up. Grrrr...! I'm not even done with stupid line tangents! Luckily, I finished the research report of Pythagoras (wait, didn't we learn about the Pythogorean Theorem ages ago?). Anyway, I love drawing, though it always takes me a very long time.

However, we should discuss things:

What size should the paper be?

I think 8 1/2 X 11'' is the best paper size, since EVERYONE has the size paper. However, larger papers and sqaure-shaped paper are also really cool. Should we have a restriction?

I think we can choose either horizontal or vertical.

What theme should it be?

In my school, other than writing articles, the newspaper committee also judges artwork (weird) , so I've had my share of experiences of agony of which one is the best. The artwork turned in has many different styles, even under the category "Halloween". The watercolor painting/ pastel was awesome, but so was the color pencil/ marker! It's just a warning, because I've had my share of agonized experiences.

Back to the topic, since it's November, it should be Thanksgiving...? I think it should be demigod (or PJO)- related. I don't know. Yes, we do need a topic. If it's PJO-related, I would do the Jasper moment (it's officially canon) where Piper holds the cornucopia horn and a purple birthday cake comes out since it was the Kalends of July, Jason's birthday!

Don't worry, I don't hate Reyna just because I support Jasper. Reyna deserves someone better.

Anyway, I thought the scene was Thanksgiving-related because of the cornucopia horn.

However, maybe we should draw OUR characters. Any ideas/ decisions?

Oh, and maybe we should have a long-term writing contest, The House of Hades, where we write our own version. Since we can't wait, why not write our own? The deadline should be Fall 2013, before the real book comes out.

Of course, we should still have a drawing contest.
Back to top Go down
LeeUnderwood
Praetor
LeeUnderwood

PostSubject: Re: Drawing competition/ Trivia?   Drawing competition/ Trivia? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 9:51 am

I love your idea cheers ! I think we should do a version of the House of Hades of our own, like you said, we cant wait... lol!

No offense but I dont see how a drawing contest can be related with a RP site? .... I think the House of Hades idea should be held. And its not that I dont like the drawing contest idea!!! We should fo it too.
Back to top Go down
Sabrina Zhu
Camp Counselor
Sabrina Zhu

PostSubject: Re: Drawing competition/ Trivia?   Drawing competition/ Trivia? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 10:10 am

I already have an idea! Not telling you what it is- but I shall create the layers of Tartarus! Also, I know who is guarding the Doors of Death. Oh, and I researched Epirus. It's an awesome tourist attraction, AND something else- no telling you.

All we need is Katelyn's approval! Very Happy

I don't know, though, about the Drawing Contest. Hmm...
Back to top Go down
ChocoKat
Camp Counselor
ChocoKat

PostSubject: Re: Drawing competition/ Trivia?   Drawing competition/ Trivia? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 1:49 pm

Our own ver. of House of Hades!!!! that's a great idea Very Happy I think we should have it :DDD
Should it be a long-term contest or we work together to make one? If it's a contest, i agree with the deadline mentioned by sabrina since we'll need much time to write a novel even if it's a short one.
if it's a group work, how would it be done?

I think it's ok to hold a drawing contest since this site is not only for rp and there are many sites holding activities about design and stuffs:D
um..about the theme, maybe we can draw our own characters(or other members characters)? But characters in HoO or PJO is also fine
( but i won't draw them since i'm not good at drawing and i don't want percabeth, jasper or any characters in the books become horrible monsters pale )
About the style and size of paper, i think we can choose whatever we want since everyone have their own preferences Very Happy

what do you guys think? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LeeUnderwood
Praetor
LeeUnderwood

PostSubject: Re: Drawing competition/ Trivia?   Drawing competition/ Trivia? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 8:39 pm

Great! I cant wait to do my own version!
Back to top Go down
Sabrina Zhu
Camp Counselor
Sabrina Zhu

PostSubject: Re: Drawing competition/ Trivia?   Drawing competition/ Trivia? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 11:30 am

Working on it together... that doesn't sound too bad. However, I still want to do my own... Let's figure out some rules...

As for the Drawing Contest, I agree! I already drew Laura, so she won't count, but I'll post it anyway. All we need is to officially announce it!
Maybe they should go in the empty gallery!

Back to top Go down
ChocoKat
Camp Counselor
ChocoKat

PostSubject: Re: Drawing competition/ Trivia?   Drawing competition/ Trivia? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 4:32 pm

so here're the details abt the drawing competition

deadline of submission: 18th Nov

style: any (but no computer graphing)

size: any

content:
Your character(s) (or maybe characters of other members?) has to be included
It can be a portrait or a group pic. or a scene when they're battling, socializing, celebrating, dating, sleeping, whatever...
They should be in their camp t-shirt - orange for CHB and purple for CJ
As usual, no extreme violence, and 18+ sexual elements, etc.
Has to be your original work. Sign your name and write down the date you finished drawing it at anywhere of the pic.
Everyone can submit up to 10 entries since the max. no of charrie created is 10.

Prize(exactly the same as that of the writing contest):
It'll be recorded in the column of "Honors" in the awardee's profile
Drachmas (for the award "Best Camper of the Year):
-Champion: 1000
-Runner-up: 600
-Third Place: 300
-Participants (per entry): 100
Points (for the award " Biggest Winners of the Year")
-Champion: 5
-Runner-up: 3
-Third Place: 2
-Participants (per entry): 1

anything else to add or change?
Back to top Go down
ChocoKat
Camp Counselor
ChocoKat

PostSubject: Re: Drawing competition/ Trivia?   Drawing competition/ Trivia? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 4:37 pm

and yes we should use the photo gallery Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drawing competition/ Trivia?   Drawing competition/ Trivia? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drawing competition/ Trivia?
Page 1 of 1