Camp Half Blood X Camp Jupiter
Welcome to Camp Half Blood X Camp Jupiter!

It is a Percy-Jackson-series-and-Heroes-of-the-Olympians-based site where members can create their own characters, role-play, discuss on the books(or even the movies - try to keep calm and don't type any swear words), and take part in different kinds of site activities!
Just register, read the pm message and you will know what to do next!

Welcome to Camp Half Blood X Camp Jupiter!

It is a Percy-Jackson-series-and-Heroes-of-the-Olympians-based site where members can create their own characters, role-play, discuss on the books(or even the movies - try to keep calm and don't type any swear words), and take part in different kinds of site activities!
Just register, read the pm message and you will know what to do next!

Camp Half Blood X Camp Jupiter is where demigods learn how to survive. You can create your own original character here! Welcome to join us and share your creative thoughts here! : )

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Hey everyone, I'm petty ika
Short Story Writing - by Hailey Sunshine Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 7:54 pm by LeeUnderwood

» The New Site Shop
Short Story Writing - by Hailey Sunshine Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 6:58 pm by Petty Ika

» Hello Everyone!
Short Story Writing - by Hailey Sunshine Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 5:54 am by Amber Chase

» Chatroom :)))
Short Story Writing - by Hailey Sunshine Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 5:57 am by Amber Chase

» Deleting this profile
Short Story Writing - by Hailey Sunshine Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 12:34 pm by LeeUnderwood

» Airel Hamlin
Short Story Writing - by Hailey Sunshine Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 11:53 pm by Hamlin1120

» Christina Swift daughter of apollo wip
Short Story Writing - by Hailey Sunshine Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 11:50 pm by Hamlin1120

» Nikolina Petrova
Short Story Writing - by Hailey Sunshine Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 10:30 pm by jacob.s.greene

» Camp Half Blood X Camp Jupiter Site-wide RP Ideas
Short Story Writing - by Hailey Sunshine Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 10:30 pm by jacob.s.greene

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Camp Half Blood X Camp Jupiter on your social bookmarking website

Short Story Writing - by Hailey Sunshine

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
OlympusGrl
Campers
OlympusGrl

Female Virgo Posts : 27
Drachmas : 12954

Short Story Writing - by Hailey Sunshine Empty
PostSubject: Short Story Writing - by Hailey Sunshine   Short Story Writing - by Hailey Sunshine Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 7:32 am

Hailey watched as the arrow flew straight and hit bulls-eye. She smiled with pride as she watched her half-siblings clapped for the eight year old daughter of Apollo.
“Good job Jocie,” the thirteen year-old daughter of Apollo praised. “You’re improving a lot everyday.”
The little girl smiled at the mention of her nickname and beamed. “Thank you Hales! That meant a lot.”
The girl’s smile broadened before she diverted her eyes to her other half-siblings. She saw some of the boys teaching some other students how to hold the bow and arrow. Most of the students consisted of Aphrodite girls, and she shook her head in amusement as she saw her siblings flirt with them while the girls giggled.
“Boys,” she grumbled. “So annoying.” A cold gust of wind blew past the archery field and by instinct, Hailey crossed her arms and shivered.
It was the beginning of October and it was currently Autumn. Halloween was coming and to have some holiday spirit, the Camp was dotted with pumpkins. The trees were bright and beautiful as the fall leaves fluttered gently to the ground. Demeter kids were in the fields harvesting tons and tons of lush fruits.
It was Hailey’s favorite time of the year.
Hailey smiled in anticipation and watched in the distance as Thalia’s Pine Tree on Camp-Half Blood Hill seemed to glisten when the light shone on it. She felt a tug in her hand and she glanced down as she saw Jocelyn looking at her with curiousity.
“Hailey?” The eight year old questioned.
“Yeah?” The girl replied.
“Aren’t we supposed to have Foot Racing with the wood-nymphs now?”
Hailey wanted to kick herself in the head. How can she forget that? She’s such a horrible cabin counselor.
“Sorry, slipped out of mind,” Hailey sighed as she closed her eyes. She opened them with newfound determination as she called towards her half-siblings: “Alrite guys, gather up! We have foot racing next.”
The Apollo kids groaned as Hailey rolled her eyes in response. “Stop groaning and let’s get moving!”
They all filed up and started to walk towards the race track where they will be having foot races with the nymphs. Hailey walked behind the other campers and on the way, she smiled and waved at her friends at camp. She saw Olivia Goldenfield, the daughter of Aphrodite hanging out in the front of the Aphrodite Cabin with her half-siblings. She saw Ash, the satyr in front of the Big House watching Chiron and Mr. D play pinochle. The Hermes Cabin was out in the distance sword-fighting, and she saw the young campers in the Arts and Craft room, making little statues of their parents.
Life was pretty good here at Camp Half-Blood. As Hailey ran up to meet the Apollo kids on the racetrack, her mind let her dismiss that thought.

~

Hailey practically pounced on her bed and groaned in exasperation. “I’m exhausted.”
Olivia laughed and sat down next to her. “I see. So how was foot racing?”
Hailey got up, grinning. “Awesome. The Nike kids were training with us, and they were the best. I wish I could run that fast.” She sighed and played with her hair.
Olivia hummed in agreement and looked at her. “You’re thinking face. I see it. What’s in your mind?”
Like any other daughter of Aphrodite, Olivia was pretty. She was fairly tall and skinny, with crystal blue eyes and long blonde hair with soft curls to match. She was wearing today a long white flowy shirt with skinny blue jeans and black flats to match. It was simple. Olivia liked that. Olivia was Hailey’s best friend. They knew each other like sisters.
Hailey sighed. “After foot racing, I overheard some kids. Before they came here to Camp Half-Blood, they always celebrated Halloween. They want to relieve that memory Goldie Locks,” She looked at her best friend. “We never held such an event here at camp. Should we perhaps start a tradition?”
Olivia pondered for a moment. She gave two thumbs up and laughed. “I like that idea. You know, we should ask for some support. I’ll talk to my siblings about it. Alright?”
Hailey beamed and nodded. “I’ll talk to my cabin about it too. See you tomorrow!”
Olivia got up and waved. “See you tomorrow Hales.”
And with that, Goldie Locks left.

~

“So we can?”
Olivia squealed with joy, but composed herself when she saw the looks Chiron and Hailey gave her. She coughed. “My bad. So we can actually do this? We can actually have a Halloween Party here at Camp Half Blood?”
Chiron nodded. “Correct. But,” He leant back and gave them a hard look. “Nothing too drastic. I don’t want any fires, no egg throwing, no people fighting over candy. Let’s try to make this a tradition calm ok?”
“But that’s not Halloween,” Olivia whined. “Halloween is always fun and threatening, not calm and boring!” Hailey gave her a warning look in which she ignored. “This year Halloween will be fun. I guarantee. And hopefully we’ll restrain it.” She looked stressed. “The Aphrodite Cabin already has their costumes planned. They’re really excited.”
Chiron chuckled and shook his head with amusement. “All right.” He agreed. “Halloween isn’t here until a few weeks. Are you guys ready for this?”
Hailey nodded, her eyes shining bright. “Ready,” she piped up. Both Olivia and Hailey ran out the door, and they waved goodbye. “Thanks Chiron, it’ll be fun! How hard can it be?”
Chiron laughed as he saw the demigods running towards everyone at camp, ready to share the news. “You’ll be surprised.”

~

Hailey ran around, grasping a checklist firmly. “Ok! Let’s see how it looks!”
She glanced down at her checklist. “Lights?”
“Got it!” Christina Hughes, Daughter of Hecate and Cabin Counselor called back. For Halloween, the Hecate cabin helped by producing little flames that float in midair as a source of light. It looked eerie, yet amazing. The flames blaze purple, red, blue, orange, and yellow hues across the Dining Pavilion. The Hecate children cheered and high-fived each other.
Hailey smiled in response as she checked ‘Lights’ off the list. “Decorations?”
“Complete!” Paige Lawrence and Olivia Goldenfield chorused together. The Aphrodite Cabin was in charge of the decorations. The tables had spooky coverings and tons of statues and decorations of well known characters were scattered everywhere. There were also cute little pumpkins carved with faces on the floors as well. Courtesy of the Aphrodite kids.
“We also added our own little touch!” Paige said, flipping her wavy brown hair over her shoulder as she pointed towards a statue of a witch. The witch was wearing a fashionable outfit with sparkles. And don’t forget the pink.
Hailey gave that a big fat check and checked off ‘Music’ too. Her cabin was in charge of that.
“Food?” She questioned, glancing at the Dionysus and Demeter Cabin. They nodded in response as they showed her platters of little Halloween treats.
Hailey grinned as a result. She wasn’t much of a party planner, but she believed that everything was complete. The Athena kids were also helping, and they helped Hailey got everything ready. They were great planners after all.
“I think we’re all set.” She replied. Everyone cheered but it all diminished when there was a rumble just below their feet. The six cabins looked at each other in alarm. They grabbed their weapons and headed towards the Camp Borders.

~

“Happy Halloween!” The Hermes Cabin cried.
“What’s all this?!” Olivia demanded, grasping her necklace.
“For Halloween, the Hermes and Ares cabin decided to give you a special treat.” A Hermes kid commented, winking at her. She blinked, and then her eyes widened.
“Why you-“
“We, the children on Hermes, allow the monsters to enter Camp!” The Hermes kids cheered.
Hailey’s eyes widened. “What-“
And then it turned to a war-zone.

~

Hailey released an arrow, and it whistled through the air as it pierced a dracaena. Olivia flipped over a monsters fiery hot breath and slashed it. The Hecate Cabin conjured up spells as it whisked through the air. It hit its intended target as the monsters howled in pain.
The Zeus twins cried in synchronization and lightning flashed. Demeter kids summoned vines and plants as it wrapped around the monsters. The Athena children were unstoppable as they killed the monsters effortlessly. There were screams, howls, war-cries, and suspiciously laughter. Hailey’s eyes narrowed as she summoned arrows at a faster pace, and she rolled under a monster’s claw and released an arrow almost as quickly as light.
“Hermes kids. I’m going to get them for this.” Hailey muttered as she was back to back with Olivia. Olivia sprayed her special perfume spray over the monster as it went unconscious.
“Don’t forget the Ares children.” Olivia commented. She stabbed a hellhound and it crumpled to the ground. “I thought they knew about the party.”
“Maybe they forgot,” Hailey said bluntly. She watched as Angela and Tyler Skye, the children of the skies as they called down one last lightning bolt. The Camp was filled with smoke, and when it cleared, there were no more monsters left.
“Finally.” Hailey sighed. She saw Paige in the distance. She was fixing her hair, and when she was done, she looked at the campers.
“Let’s get this party started!”

~

Music blasted from the speakers as the campers mingled around the Dining Pavilion. A stage was set up with a microphone on it. Hailey didn’t know why it was there, but she didn’t mind.
“This party’s great.” Olivia said as she drank some punch. She was wearing a witch costume and she looked at Hailey. “Really Hales? A Katniss Everdeen costume?”
“Hey. She’s an archer. I’m an archer. I respect her.” Hailey argued. Olivia rolled her eyes in response. Suddenly, Paige, who was on the stage along with some of her siblings, tapped the microphone. She cleared her throat, and the campers all quieted down.
“Welcome campers. Happy Halloween. This is Camp Half-Blood’s first Halloween Party. Let’s thank Hailey for all of this!” The campers cheered as Hailey blushed. Paige continued.
“I would like to announce the best Halloween couple.” Paige said, grinning. Olivia’s eyes widened in response.
“Why am I not surprised?” She grumbled. Hailey smiled and shook her head.
“We all voted for the best couple, and I’m quite surprised that we all did this behind Hailey’s and Olivia’s back,” Paige exclaimed. She glanced at Hailey and Olivia. “Sorry guys.” Her sister gave her an envelope, and with her delicate hands, she opened it.
“And the best couple is… Tyler Skye and Katerina Clear! Congrats guys!” Everyone applauded as they came up awkwardly. They gave some short speeches. They made a joke as everyone laughed. They exited the stage and music started to play again.
This Halloween was one of the best that Hailey ever had. And the Halloween Party tradition was going to last for a long time.

I'm done with the story. Personally, I think it's rushed, but what do you think? silent
~ Hailey Sunshine, Daughter of Apollo
Back to top Go down
ChocoKat
Camp Counselor
ChocoKat

Female Leo Posts : 830
Drachmas : 16284

PostSubject: Re: Short Story Writing - by Hailey Sunshine   Short Story Writing - by Hailey Sunshine Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 10:01 am

The first story here!!!!

This is a great story and I love it! Very Happy

"Katniss Everdeen costume"? It's so funny!
Back to top Go down
https://campsfordemigods.rpg-board.net
Sabrina Zhu
Camp Counselor
Sabrina Zhu

Female Aquarius Posts : 59
Drachmas : 14106

PostSubject: Re: Short Story Writing - by Hailey Sunshine   Short Story Writing - by Hailey Sunshine Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 1:07 pm

I haven't finished mine yet!

Well, I'm almost done. Oh, and I went to the mall today to buy an outfit for my Halloween costume, and I saw a real Katniss Everdeen costume!

Oh, and I thought you were supposed to post your story in a reply to the Writing Contest! confused

Oh, well.

I still don't know who the author will be- Christy or Laura?

~Sabrina
Back to top Go down
ChocoKat
Camp Counselor
ChocoKat

Female Leo Posts : 830
Drachmas : 16284

PostSubject: Re: Short Story Writing - by Hailey Sunshine   Short Story Writing - by Hailey Sunshine Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 12:05 am

I'm still working on mine...
Still a long way to go....

Anyway, I just thought it would be better if a new category is opened and we submit the entries by posting a new topic so that we can reply in a clearer way Very Happy

I suppose you'd like to choose the one you focus more on Very Happy

~Katelyn
Back to top Go down
https://campsfordemigods.rpg-board.net
Sabrina Zhu
Camp Counselor
Sabrina Zhu

Female Aquarius Posts : 59
Drachmas : 14106

PostSubject: Re: Short Story Writing - by Hailey Sunshine   Short Story Writing - by Hailey Sunshine Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 2:07 am

So is mine. I added a twist that you might or might not like.

Well, Laura and Christy won't. Not telling you more. silent
Back to top Go down
OlympusGrl
Campers
OlympusGrl

Female Virgo Posts : 27
Drachmas : 12954

PostSubject: Re: Short Story Writing - by Hailey Sunshine   Short Story Writing - by Hailey Sunshine Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 6:13 am

Thanks! Smile I just had to mention Katniss Everdeen. lol!

I look forward to reading your stories. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short Story Writing - by Hailey Sunshine   Short Story Writing - by Hailey Sunshine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Short Story Writing - by Hailey Sunshine
Page 1 of 1